Week 4 | Go Within | 2 Self-care Appointments

OK. This was a tough week because G has been sleeping like crap, and I have been really tired, and spending way too much time with the whole bedtime situation. Somehow, I still pulled off my lofty goal. I realize that I usually do pretty nice things, so I tried to step it up and do kind things that are bigger than my average kindness. Highlights from the week included
  • Making dinner for a friend in crisis.
  • Watching a friend's kid for 3 hours.
  • Not trying to get out of a speeding ticket on the Edens. OK. That happened, but I'm kidding about this being on the kindness list.
  • Taking a gift card to Sandy, someone who helped me when I locked my keys in my car, a total stranger, and she even went to work late bcs of helping me.
  • Going out late at night to get a special melty chocolate-y dessert for Bri.
  • Having flowers sent to a friend/colleague who helped me when I was starting my practice a year and a half ago.
I barely have the energy to do this blog project this week. Last week was tough, I've been having some health weirdness, and G has been sleeping like crap, which means I am sleeping like crap. I guess there's only one thing to do - turn this positive intention inward. We all need it.

By the way, if you are doing this project along with me, if/when you donate to the Preeclampsia Foundation, please select "Honor Donations" and type in "A Year of Positive Intention." Thank you!

Week 4
Mantra: Go Within
Action: 2 Self-care Appointments
(such as setting aside some time to journal or make art, or something more indulgent like getting a massage!)

No comments: