Week 2 | Be Connected | Reach Out

I went to a kickboxing class at the Y tonight, a class that I used to take several times a week, prior to having G, and including the whole time I was pregnant. I haven't been to class in at least a year and a half, and I totally miss it like crazy! You've got to love the Y spirit. There were several women there that welcomed me with big hugs, including my instructor, who's become a friend. (Seriously? Hugs at the gym? Love it.) After my reunion with old Y friends, I saw another, newer friend who I worked with at Heartland Alliance last spring. We're planning to carpool to this class together on Sundays. Beautiful. Getting back in shape, feeling more like "me" and connecting with friends, new and old, all in one place! That's a great start to week 2.

As for Week 1, I loooved using the mantra "be connected" so much so that I'm repeating it again this week. For those of you who are new to using mantras in your every day life, a good way to integrate them is to repeat them to yourself whenever you feel stressed out, or when you have two seconds to yourself, like in the shower. I also like to write them down on paper and doodle around them to give them some creative life. Action-wise, I gave blood on Friday. It wasn't a huge deal because I'd been wanting to for a really long time, and I used to do it a lot. I plan to go every 60 days from now on. I expected it to be a more emotional experience, but I didn't cry, and only experienced feeling a really warm connection to the other donors who were there when I was. Maybe I couldn't get emotionally absorbed in the experience since my medical assistant was 7+ months pregnant. (I'm still working on my difficult and sometimes distorted feelings about pregnancy and birth...) Thanks to those of you who gave blood last week, and to those of you who tried but weren't able to. If you couldn't donate because of anemia, might I recommend Floradix, which I've been taking since my HELLP experience, and it's awesome! My HGB was 13.1 when I gave blood. I don't think it's ever been that high!

If you are on this journey with me, I thank you from the deep down bottom of my heart. Please leave comments on this blog! And don't forget that if you are doing this with me, and you didn't complete the action for week 1, please consider an honor donation of $10 to the Preeclampsia Foundation.

Week 2
Mantra: Be connected.
Action: Reach out. (3-3-3 plan for the week - my hope is to call three old friends, meet up with 3 new friends and send three letters in the mail - the actual mail! Lofty goal, but I've gotta think big to feel like me... and to end up making donations to the PF!)

No comments: