Week 29 | Mantra: Accept Fault | Action: Write an Apology Letter

Last week was definitely "breath week." When I went to my acupuncturist she even picked up on that before I told her about my weekly goal. I happen to have a lot of "heat" in me. (Part of it is seriously from being a redhead, mom!) She taught me to let my breath out in a "ha" sound in order to get the heat out of me. I've been doing a lot of that kind of exhale this week, which has been funny to anyone around me. (Btw, Jamie, she also recommended Rescue Remedy, and suggested that I empty the dropper before every use, and set an intention before taking it.) I've also found myself doing more breath work than normal with my clients. Maybe all this breath work will stick and I'll start breathing better on a daily basis. I'm going to keep my alarms on my phone set for 4x/day.

In unrelated news, Brian and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this weekend. He got us the coolest present! It's a Sonos, which is a genius music system. It's so perfect for us, two people who LOVE music, but who love totally opposite music. I've always let things default to his musical control because we do agree on lots of things like our shared love of bluegrass. But I miss my chick rock and old hippie stuff that drives him nuts. Now we can just click a button on our laptop or his Iphone and switch the music. We've had music playing non-stop ever since he got it hooked up. This thing is awesome! I feel so much happier and more connected in this temporary space.

On to this week's theme... Children have a way of teaching you how to be a better person. That happens all the time with Gavin. Like tonight. We had a big struggle after his bath when we expected him to brush his teeth. It's a non-negotiable for us, so we pushed hard to get the job done. Being that he is in the age of autonomy, he was really mad at our forcefulness about the situation. A few minutes later, he and I were sitting on the floor in his room drawing a "good night picture" on his easel, and out of nowhere, he stopped drawing, looked at me and said, "Mommy, I sorry I fighted you." It was his first true apology. He's two and a half. What a wonderful human being.

And what an inspiration.

As an aside, here's a really creative way to apologize for something that you can't do directly. Thanks to Bri for finding this neat site.

Week 29
Mantra | Accept Fault
Action | Write an Apology Letter (Really mean it.)

No comments: