Week 16 | Find the Silver Lining | Keep a journal of finding hope amid difficulty

I am veering off-track from my original plan for this week. You see, Brian left for London for work early on the morning of the 10th. He is stuck there indefinitely because of the volcanic ash situation. Talk about an exercise in patience. The first blow when he called to say he couldn't leave last Thursday wasn't so bad. I thought about "keeping calm and carrying on" and just dealt with it a day at a time. But then the next call came letting me know that he might leave Monday. That's today. Didn't happen. He's booked on a flight for FRIDAY. But, guess what? I just saw on the news that the volcano is getting worse and I fear that he won't make it out this week.

It's going on 11 days apart and I can't stand it. The longest we've ever been apart since meeting 6 years ago was for about 11 days when his band went on tour a week and a half after we met. I couldn't stand it then either.

Brian's patience and sense of humor have been admirable. He's helping us stay calm and get through. He's the one who's stuck living in a hotel in a city he doesn't know with 4 days worth of clothes. We keep looking for the silver lining in all of this. Nothing profound to write just yet, but maybe it will come. So that's the theme this week.. silver linings.

If every cloud has a silver lining......


Wow.

Week 16
Mantra | Find the Silver Lining
Action | Keep a journal all week of finding hope amid difficulty

ps - Thanks for coming up tomorrow, Mom!!!


No comments: