January: A Month of Going Within



With the winter solstice in December came the sense of quieting my mind and turning inward. Inspired by the renewal process of plant life where I live in the cold midwestern US, I find comfort in the way the outer growth slows or stops and the deep roots sustain life in the winter with the promise of buds in the spring. I like to think of myself as going within too, letting my soul sway into my inner depths as the winter season quiets my mind.


You are invited along this month. Move your consciousness toward a sense of going within.




Meditation:
I choose to go enjoyably inward.








Action Plan:
  • Deep breathing every day (using "Mindfulness Bell" app every hour, and I will take a deep breath each time I look at a clock)
  • Electronics curfew at 10:30 every night so that I can move into silence and presence well before it's time to sleep.
  • Only eat foods that nurture me.
  • make more art. Do it now.


Please share your ideas, meditations and actions too!


Loved sitting in the unusual warming January sun while very quickly painting during the baby's naptime!




To subscribe to this blog and receive an email every time I post, please...
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


1 comment:

Amy said...

OK. 10:30 is really, really, really hard.... maybe 11 for the first couple of nights...