Week 32 | Mantra: Morning Glory | Action: Wake up and Move Toward Joy

Well, I guess walking at a slower pace led to posting at a slower pace this week. Ha! 

It was really nice to slow down and I think last week's action is something I will carry with me when I can be conscious of it. Slowing my pace generalized to driving and other things too, which was really nice. (And safe!)

As much as I try to be conscious of my disposition, I find myself really struggling in the morning more than any other part of the day to be present and positive. I just simply am not a morning person, but having a child who wakes up earlier than I've ever set my alarm has really challenged me. This week has been worse because Bri and I have been up even later as we grapple with our decision about a real estate investment, which then just leads to all sorts of open-ended conversations about our future. It's fun and exhausting at the same time. And I'm definitely waking up crabbier. So, for what's left of the week, and moving into next week, I'd like to focus on being more present and positive in the morning. 

Some day I will be able to sleep past 7am again...

Week 32
Mantra: Morning Glory
Action: Wake up and move toward joy

(by the way, I mean glory as in "a state of absolute happiness, gratification, contentment,etc")

No comments: