Week 24 | Love Where You Are | Document Your Day-to-Day Moments of Bliss

Summer is just about here. My favorite season! And we've had the warmest spring in Chicago's recorded history. I love, love, love this weather! If there's any time when I should be in love with being here, it is now. But, you see, I get struck with bouts of restlessness that strike me when I'm least expecting it. And I can't really blame it on Chicago, because I experienced this while living in San Francisco, one of the world's most beautiful and amazing cities.

Brian and I are searching for a new home right now, a process that usually triggers my longing to be elsewhere. This restlessness forms an emotionally toxic combo when paired with my basic temperament, which involves spontaneity, zig-zagging, living from moment-to-moment and feeling my way through life. It's hard for me to commit to most things for longer than about a day. (My Virgo sister is laughing out loud reading this, and my Virgo husband is probably rolling his eyes. Lovingly.)

Anyway, I am struggling hard right now with my restless sense and yearning for vague something elses. I do think that part of my healing from my traumatic HELLP experience, as well as my continued adjustment to the rigidity involved with raising a young child, requires that I just sit still and look for the happiness that is all around me, instead of focusing on the something elses. The happiness that is all around me goes with me wherever I go, and I know that. So this week's focus is on the happy day-to-days that exist wherever I am in time and space, like Gavin just walking up to me to show me the squirrel sticker on his toe. This week I'm going to take photos of things otherwise ignored that happen every day. If I get around to it, I'll post some here.


Thanks for reading!

Week 24
Mantra | Love Where You Are
Action | Document Your Day-to-Day Moments of Bliss

No comments: